1. Start by laying on your back and place your hands underneath your hips with your legs are vertical, and your hips and torso at a 90-degree angle.
2. Slowly lower your legs toward the floor, maintaining the slight bend in your knees.
3. As you lower your legs, tighten your abs and press your lower back down into the floor.
4. Lower your legs (feet) until they are about six to ten inches off the floor. Do not lower your feet or legs all the way to the floor and do not rest at the bottom.
5. Raise your legs back up to the starting position, while continuing to keep your abs tight and your lower back pressed down on the floor.
6. In one seamless movement, thrust your feet and legs upward (toes toward the ceiling) in a perfectly vertical straight line. Your hips (butt) will lift up off the floor, and your lower back will lift up off the floor. Your upper back will remain on the floor.
7. Drop your hips and lower back down to the floor, and seamlessly, without stopping, continue into the lowering portion of the leg raise again.